Are the British Really Eccentric?
8th April 2005
Lloyds Bank published some information last week that proves that British eccentricity isn’t dead. It was a list of reasons that people put on credit card applications for why they need the money. Now the standard ones are there: the cars, home improvements, and holidays – but we also have requests for:
- - £15,000 for a camel
- - £5,000 for a suit of armour
- - £20,000 to convert a cave into a house
- - Money for breast enlargements
- - Cash to get teeth done before the wedding
- - £1,000 for a sheep
- - £7,000 for a houseboat
- - A loan to enter an auction to have a date with a footballer
- - Money to build a Robot Wars machine
- - £10,000 to buy a black stallion like the one in the ads!
Have a great weekend.